and then the question I am in the middle of why…..where did I get the idea we/I was ‘entitled’ to that ‘happy ending’….??...watching that get ripped away from people sucks, or just figuring out that life is messy..... but then I come back to the wondering of why the hell did I think they/we were ever entitled to it, a life without mess ……??
msg vs. 1-2 Watch what God does, and then you do it, like children who learn proper behavior from their parents. Mostly what God does is love you. Keep company with him and learn a life of love. Observe how Christ loved us. His love was not cautious but extravagant. He didn't love in order to get something from us but to give everything of himself to us. Love like that.
.....maybe IF I knew how to love like that... see I don't see any 'entitlement' here...it's all about loving and giving everything without expecting or 'feeling entitled' to anything in return.....much in this chapter to wrestle with today and REST in. He loves us why is that never enough....???
niv vs. 20 always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ
so today give thanks.....
8:35 am that I have a Father who gave me this love-letter/treasure map when I become so obsessed with me, reminds me what is important.....so I am thankful for His word
I am thankful for my husband...my children, my children's significant others....my grandchildren....
I am thankful for our extended families
I am thankful for my friends
I am thankful for my church
I am thankful that God IS creative enough to have made us have seasons because IF I had it my way it would be 85 and sunny all the time. And though I hate to admit it, right now is a gorgeous time of year...
I am thankful for my job
8:50 am
I am thankful for bloggers who encourage
bloggers who inspire
bloggers who are so honest and naked
bloggers who challenge
bloggers who constantly entertain me, she cooks too.
9:30 am
I am thankful that God gives me chance after chance and never leaves or gives up on me
10:15 am
I am thankful I work at a place where Kids are #1
I am thankful for comments that encourage me
I am thankful for coffee, it's cold here today and that helps to warm me
I am thankful for days off...tomorrow (have to go to the Dr. but still after that whoo hoo)
10:45 am
I am thankful my kids know the value of a journey
I am thankful Dara is coming home for Christmas
I am thankful Heather shared about her family fun nites and inspired me to try it with my family.
I am thankful we are having a Halloween Party Sunday nite. Emma and I are secretly planning.
11:30 am
I am thankful this stinkin election is almost over
I am thankful that people tell their stories and that I am given the privilege to listen
I am thankful for left-overs for lunch and a break to go home and enjoy them
I am thankful I live and serve in a community of people that desperately want to follow Christ, we screw up, often.... but that THAT is our driving force makes me very grateful...
I am thankful for our motorcycle...memories of our trips make me happy
12:30 pm
..........my son just dropping by my work....I am thankful for his smile
1:45 pm
did i mention I am thankful for my job...
getting out of the building, going home for lunch
2:30 pm
I am thankful my husband in on such an amazing journey, just thinking about him brings a smile to my face.
I am thankful my Grandkids are healthy and so full of life and humor.
I am thankful we have a home and are attempting to live within our means after years of living oblivious and over it.
I am thankful God continues to place people in my life who encourage and challenge and inspire
I am thankful for churches who wake people up to the fact that life IS NOT ABOUT US
I am thankful for people who don't just dream BUT DO things to help others
....after being on vacation riding on the motorcycle on incredible roads cut through and around mountains, I am thankful for the people who knew how to do such things. And for the wisdom of those who know how to get them paid for. We live in an incredible country. Oh and Mt. Rushmore WOW thankful for the people God gave incredible artistic gifts to, not limited to any area of art I am blown away by other people's creativity...and by His. Have you seen the Grand Canyon, really looked at a peacock....
I am thankful to be able to travel by motorcycle. Thankful that my husband is such an amazing rider and wonderful travel companion. Did I mention I am thankful for my husband..
I am thankful for all the servicemen overseas and for their families here who miss them. I am more than grateful for those who find it a calling to serve in this way.
2 comments:
"niv vs. 20 always giving thanks to God the Father for everything"
What an amazing challenge! You have a way of making me look at things from another angle...
awesome. i didnt know i was naked,thanks I love that. and i love all this thankful-ness. you rock and i'm thankful for you too so very very very much.
Post a Comment